Following Governor Mills' declaration of a state of civil emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to keep you updated on the Maine State Bar Association's (MSBA) operational plans and provide you with resources to support you through this new
ABA Resources: Visit the ABA's Practice Forward website here.
Changes at Bar Headquarters
The health and safety of our staff, members, and community are important. To that end, we have instituted the following changes:
- Staff have returned to work in Bar Headquarters, but visitor access is limited. Please continue to contact us by email or phone (207-622-7523).
- In-person CLE programs have been postponed. Other CLE options are available here.
Bar Talk & Messages from President Thaddeus Day
- Join President Day and ED Armstrong Mondays from 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. for Bar Talk: Weekly Zoom Updates During the COVID-19 Crisis. View details and links to previous Bar Talks here.
- Read MSBA President Day's Messages to Membership: May 1 | April 5 | March 25
- Read the MSBA's May 1, 2020, letter to Gov. Mills
- Read the MSBA's May 1, 2020, letter to ACJ Mead
Emergency Orders, Legislation & Alerts
- VLP is seeking family law attorneys to register at Free Legal Answers, in order to help answer coronavirus-related FM questions.
Guidance for Businesses and Employers
CLE & Coronavirus
Remote Work Resources
Wellness & Mental Health Resources for the Legal Profession
We're here to serve you. If you have any questions, please contact Executive Director Angela Armstrong at email@example.com