The MSBA offers a wide array of membership benefits ranging from free and discounted CLE credits to access to Casemaker, a superior online legal research tool. In addition to these concrete and tangible benefits, the MSBA lobbies on behalf of our members, ensuring that legislation that may affect lawyers or the justice system is beneficial to our members. Members also have access to a wide range of discounted products and services, from insurance to phone, credit card, merchant processing, office supplies, shipping, and much more. Learn about the MSBA's complete line of member benefits.
Casemaker is a comprehensive online legal research library exclusively for MSBA members. Easy to use and fully searchable, Casemaker is available around the clock at the MSBA web site, providing unlimited access and timely updates - and no monthly, hourly or transactional charges.
The MSBA is Your Source for Continuing Legal Education
The Maine State Bar Association is the state's largest provider of quality CLE courses and materials. Live seminars, video and satellite programs, textbooks, and audio packages help practitioners put the latest information and procedures immediately into practice. Members receive three free CLE credits every year and pay discounted member rates for all MSBA-sponsored CLE programs. Members are also eligible to join the CLE Club, which provides additional discounts. As a member, you will receive regular notification of all MSBA/CLE activities and events.
The MSBA Protects Your Interests and Keeps You Informed
- Through e-mail updates, legislative alerts, The Supplement and the quarterly Maine Bar Journal, the Association informs and reports on current issues affecting the profession and the practice of law, as well as on substantive legal issues.
- At the State House and beyond, the Association's lobbying team works to protect your interests, enhance the profession and improve the justice system.
The MSBA Offers Essential Networking and Leadership Opportunities
- As a member of the MSBA, you have access to 24 substantive practice sections. Stay abreast of legislative developments, opinions, insights and practice tips in an area of law of interest to you. Section meetings, activities, reports and electronic communications allow you to benefit from your colleagues' knowledge and expertise. Opportunities for involvement and leadership help to enhance your own professional profile and skills.
- Standing and special committees conduct much of the work of the Association and play an active role in shaping Association policy on critical issues. If you have an interest in helping the MSBA work harder for its members, please contact the MSBA Executive Director or the current MSBA President.
- Peer assistance on matters of substantive law and consultation on practice management through the MSBA's Silent Partners program.
- The Association's Lawyer Referral Service refers thousands of clients each year to participating attorneys. An excellent resource for increasing your client base.