Board of Bar Examiners Seeks Executive Director
Friday, September 21, 2018
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE MAINE BOARD OF BAR EXAMINERS
The Maine Board of Bar Examiners, located in Hallowell, Maine, seeks applicants for the
position of Executive Director. Applicants for this position must be highly organized and selfmotivated.
The Maine Board of Bar Examiners is responsible for administering and grading a semi-annual
bar examination and for review of the character and fitness of applicants seeking admission to
practice law in Maine.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board. The position is full time and involves
broad-ranging, highly-responsible duties, including but not limited to:
· Initial review of all applications for admission to the practice of law in Maine;
· Preparation of Board requests to applicants for further information regarding
qualifications to practice law in Maine;
· Management of receipt of application information;
· Identification and research of applicants’ character and fitness issues;
· Supervision of Bar exam administration;
· Organization and receipt of grading information;
· Organization of the six regular Board meetings annually as well as character and fitness
· Preparation of the Board’s annual report;
· Scheduling bar applicants’ character and fitness hearings;
· Development of the annual budget and attention to Board finances.
· Experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
· Legal experience as an attorney or paralegal is desirable.
· Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook), social
media platforms, and QuickBooks.
· Budget oversight and management experience.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
· Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Outstanding organizational and project management abilities.
· Integrity in the management of confidential information.
Starting salary range is $30,000 to $45,000, depending upon experience. Benefits are negotiable.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and references by mail or
Maine Board of Bar Examiners
P.O. Box 140
Augusta, Maine 04332
Review of applicants will begin on October 1, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
The office of the Maine Board of Bar Examiners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.