CLE CREDITS: 3.0
REAL ESTATE CREDITS: LIVE PROGRAM ONLY:
The live program in Freeport has been approved for 3.0 CE credits by the Maine Real Estate Commission, course number LU40C057LE.
The laws governing the creation and use of roads are surprisingly complex for such a common and mundane function. The effective use of easements can make a substantial difference in the value of land, and the improper use of a neighbor’s land can lead to a dispute as bitter as the Hatfield and McCoy feud. This seminar will teach you how to determine what rights are included in an easement and, perhaps more importantly, what rights are not included. The statutory framework of road law will be covered, and special attention will be given to paper streets, especially to the recent case law developments concerning paper streets. This seminar is suitable for new practitioners or those who deal with road and easement issues only occasionally, as well as those with more experience who want to “brush up” their skills.
This seminar will be useful to attorneys, surveyors, developers, municipal officials, and anyone who wants to understand what easements are and how they can be used most effectively. This seminar will be especially helpful for real estate agents, because the existence (or not) of old roads and paper streets can have a major impact on the marketability of land.
You Will learn:
- What rights easement holders have and what rights they don’t have.
- How to tell if a road is public, private, discontinued, or abandoned—and what
difference it makes.
- How to create a valid easement or spot potential problems in an existing easement.
- How to deal with paper streets.
- And much more!
Presenter: John A. Cunningham, Eaton Peabody, Brunswick
To learn more about the program download the brochure!
» MSBA Member: $170
» Land Surveyors, Municipal Officials: $170
» Non-Attorney Real Estate Prof.: $170
» CLE Club Members: $125
» Support Staff of Club Member: $125
» Non-Members*: $245
*Credits reported to PA (live only): $30
» Legal Support Staff/Paralegal: $130
» MSBA Student Member: $20
» Coursebook via web link: $0
» Coursebook via hardcopy: $50*
*In order to have your textbook available at the program, we must receive your registration 5 working days before the program.
If we receive you register after the 5 days, the coursebook will be $60 and will be shipped to you after the program.
HOW TO REGISTER
Members and Non-Members need to log in to see the proper registration fees.
- Members: If you are a member of the MSBA, please sign in to receive the member rate.
- Non-Members & Non-Attorneys: If you have attended any MSBA event in the past, you have an account with us. If you do not know your username or password, please call the MSBA. We will provide you with login credentials so you can register online.
- If you have never attended an MSBA event: Please call the MSBA or mail or fax this registration form to register.
Walk-in registrations are welcome and
payment must be made at the time of registration. Walk-in registrants will receive the link at the program to download the materials.
Full refunds will be given to those who cancel by 4:30 p.m., 5 working days prior to the program. Registrants who cancel after this deadline but prior to the program date will be charged an administrative fee of $20 per credit hour. A link to download and print the materials will be sent to those who fail to cancel in advance. QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!