Part I: CLE Credits: 5.50
Overview of Maine’s New Probate Code: The program will cover the most notable changes to Maine’s Probate Code in the recodification to Title 18-C that becomes effective 7/1/2019, and Maine’s adoption of the Uniform Statutory Rule Against Perpetuities.
• Articles 1 (General Provisions, Definitions & Jurisdiction), 2 • • (Intestacy, Wills & Donative Transfers), 3 (Probate of Wills &
• Administration), and 4 (Foreign Personal Representatives;
• Article 6, the Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act,
• and the Uniform Statutory Rule against Perpetuities
• The Maine Uniform Guardianship, Conservatorship &
• Protective Proceedings Act – Parts 1 (General Provisions),
• 3 (Adult Guardianship), 4 (Conservatorship), and 5 (Other
• Protective Arrangements)
David J. Backer, Esq., Barbara A. Carlin, Esq., Staci K. Converse, Esq., Miles C. Hunt, Esq., Jeffrey W. Jones, Esq., Justin LeBlanc, Esq., The Hon. Richard M. Morton (Ret.),Patricia A. Nelson-Reade, R.N., Esq. & Kenleigh A. Nicoletta, Esq.
Part II: CLE Credits: 2.75
Minor Guardianship and Adoption under Maine’s Revised Probate Code:Overview, Implementation, and Practice Tips: This program will provide essential information about substantive changes to Maine’s minor guardianship and adoption laws enacted in the new Maine Uniform Probate Code (P.L 2017, Chapter 402). The program includes an overview of the new provisions(including their development and objectives), an update on the implementation of the provisions in the District and Probate courts, practice tips, and an opportunity for Q&A.
• Minor Guardianship: Overview, Implementation in the
• Courts, Practice Topics & Q&A.
• Adoption: Overview, Implementation in the Courts, Practice
• Topics & Q&A.
Jane S.E. Clayton, Esq., The Hon. Amy L. Faircloth,
The Hon. E. Mary Kelly & Prof. Deirdre M. Smith
Supported Operating Systems:
• Windows 7 or higher
• Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
Operating System: Windows XP
If you are using Windows XP you need to use the alternative viewer link called “Silverlight Player”, which is located under the “Help Tab” within the viewer.
• Internet Explorer 9 or higher
• Google Chrome
• Mozilla Firefox
• Safari 5.0 or higher (for Mac)
A Cable or DSL internet connection providing 2-3Mbps is highly recommended for the best streaming experience.
If you will be accessing any of the online content at a work location, it is HIGHLY recommended that you first check with your IT department or Network Administrator to make sure that you have appropriate permissions to install programs and/or the ability to access streaming media.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!