Wednesday, April 10 | CLE Credits: 5.50 (Registration closed for April 10)
Overview of Maine’s New Probate Code: The program will cover the most notable changes to Maine’s Probate Code in the recodification to Title 18-C that becomes effective 7/1/2019, and Maine’s adoption of the Uniform Statutory Rule Against Perpetuities.
• Articles 1 (General Provisions, Definitions & Jurisdiction), 2 (Intestacy, Wills & Donative
• Transfers), 3 (Probate of Wills & Administration), and 4 (Foreign Personal Representatives;
• Article 6, the Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act, and the Uniform Statutory Rule
• against Perpetuities
• The Maine Uniform Guardianship, Conservatorship & Protective Proceedings Act – Parts 1• •
• (General Provisions), 3 (Adult Guardianship), 4 (Conservatorship), and 5 (Other Protective •
• Minor Guardianship: Overview, Implementation in the Courts, Practice Tipcs & Q&A.
• Adoption: Overview, Implementation in the Courts, Practice Tipcs & Q&A.
David J. Backer, Esq., Barbara A. Carlin, Esq., Staci K. Converse, Esq., Miles C. Hunt, Esq.,
Jeffrey W. Jones, Esq., Justin LeBlanc, Esq., The Hon. Richard M. Morton (Ret.), Patricia A.
Nelson-Reade, R.N., Esq. & Kenleigh A. Nicoletta, Esq.
Thursday, April 11 | CLE Credits: 2.75
Minor Guardianship and Adoption under Maine’s Revised Probate Code:Overview, Implementation, and Practice Tips: This program will provide essential information about substantive changes to Maine’sminor guardianship and adoption laws enacted in the new Maine Uniform Probate Code (P.L 2017, Chapter 402). The program includes an overview of the new provisions(including their development and objectives), an update on the implementation of theprovisions in the District and Probate courts, practice tips, and an opportunity for Q&A.
Jane S.E. Clayton, Esq., The Hon. Amy L. Faircloth, The Hon. E. Mary Kelly & Prof. Deirdre M. Smith
REGISTRATION FEES: APRIL 11
|APRIL 11, 2019
MSBA Member: $165
CLE Club Member: $125
Support Staff of Club Member: $125
Non-Attorney Professional: $155
*Report credits to PA: $25
Legal Support Staff/Paralegal: $135
MSBA Student Member: $20
A link to program materials will be provided by email to all registrants prior to the program. Printed materials will not be available at the program.