Online registration will close the day before a program. We encourage you to pre-register if you want a link to the program materials prior to the program.
Featuring Roy S. Ginsburg, J.D.
CLE CREDITS: 3.0, including 1.0 ethics
Your successful career is almost over. Do you have a vision of what you want your retirement to look like? Do you have a succession plan in place to help you get there?
You’ve invested a lot of time and effort to build your successful practice. You may be able to now strategically sell it—a valuable asset in and of itself—to enhance your retirement portfolio. It is critical that you know what your practice is worth, who your optimal buyers are and how to find them, as well as how to structure a fair and balanced deal. And if you are a buyer, what practices should you consider purchasing and how much should you pay? Finally, if you work at a firm with multiple owners, does it have a succession plan in place that ensures that your law firm survives?
You only have one opportunity to exit the legal profession. Do it in a manner that is satisfying, enjoyable, maximizes the proceeds you can obtain from your practices and ensures that your valued clients are left in good hands. Don't simply plan to retire. Plan your retirement.
- When to retire
- What to do when you retire
- How to avoid flunking retirement
- Solo and small firm owner transition strategies
- Which practice areas have value? Which don’t?
- How much is your practice worth?
- Identifying the best successors
- How to structure the deal the right way
- Ethical considerations (Rule 1.17A)
- What to do with all of those closed client files?
- Firms with multiple owners
- Best practices to transition leaders
- Best practices to transition clients
About the Speaker:
Roy Ginsburg, a practicing lawyer for more than 35 years,is an attorney coach and law firm consultant. He works with individual lawyers and law firms nationwide in the areas of business development, practice management, career development, and strategic and succession planning. More than 50 bar associations across the country have sponsored Roy’s popular CLE programs.
MSBA Member: $165
CLE Club Members: $95
Support Staff of Club Member: $95
*Credits reported to PA (live only): $25
Legal Support Staff/Paralegal: $125
A link to program materials will be provided by email to all registrants prior to the program. Printed materials will not be available at the program.
HOW TO REGISTER
Members and Non-Members need to log in to see the proper registration fees.
- Members: If you are a member of the MSBA, please sign in to receive the member rate.
- Non-Members & Non-Attorneys: If you have attended any MSBA event in the past, you have an account with us. If you do not know your username or password, please call the MSBA. We will provide you with login credentials so you can register online.
- If you have never attended an MSBA event: Please call the MSBA or mail or fax this registration form to register.
Full refunds will be given to those who cancel by 4:30 p.m., 5 working days prior to the program. Registrants who cancel after this deadline but prior to the program date will be charged an administrative fee of $15 per credit hour, but may choose to receive either the seminar video package (if applicable) for self-study credit or a credit towards another seminar for the remaining balance. A link to download and print the materials will be sent to those who fail to cancel in advance.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!