Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
UCC issues touch a range of real estate transactions, from development and finance to leasing. There are complex issues and traps in drafting agreements to take security interests in the right type of collateral, whether it now exists or is later developed, ensuring priority over other types of claimants and related enforcement issues. There are also issues concerning the interrelationship of UCC Article 9 (secured transactions), UCC Article 3 (negotiable instruments), and UCC Article 5 (letters of credit). This program will provide you with a practical guide to the range of UCC issues in real estate development, finance and leasing, and in real estate closings.
- UCC issues in real estate transactions and closings – secured transactions, negotiable instruments, and letters of credit
- Issues for FF&E, rents, deposit accounts, letters of credit, equity pledges and loan portfolios
- Collateral traps – sale proceeds, after-acquired collateral, future advances
- Financing statements – name of debtor, location of debtor, indication of collateral and fixture traps
- Priorities – fixtures, investment properties, financial instruments, deposit accounts and more
- UCC issues in real estate closings
Steven O. Weise, Proskauer Rose, LLP – Los Angeles
Once registered you will receive from the MSBA an email containing the toll-free telephone number to call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive a pdf containing the materials for the program to print. This email will be sent to you the day before the program date.