Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
The ultimate object of many closely held companies is to distribute as much cash and other property to its owners. This is particularly true when there is not a market for the sale of the company itself. The owners want to optimize distributions to all of them – or at least some of them, as when a partner decides to retire, becomes disabled, dies or just wants to depart. These distributions or withdrawals of property involve drafting issues in operating and stockholder agreements, finance issues involved in funding these distributions, and substantial tax issues. This program will provide you with a planning guide for distributing cash and other property to the owners of closely held companies, balancing operational, finance, and tax considerations.
- Redemptions of ownership interests in exchange for property v. funding individual buy/sell transactions among the owners
- Tax optimized compensation methods, including employment tax issues in S Corps v. LLCs, and the new 3.8 on net investment income
- Operating agreement and stockholder agreement drafting issues
- Retirement plan techniques for optimizing the withdrawal of property
- Tax issues at the individual and entity-level
Brian J. O'Connor, Venable, LLP – Baltimore
Once registered you will receive from the MSBA an email containing the toll-free telephone number to call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive a pdf containing the materials for the program to print. This email will be sent to you the day before the program date.