Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
This program will provide you with a wide-ranging review of case law and other developments related to sexual harassment and discrimination claims in employment law. The program will cover growing categories of harassment claims, including those based on pregnancy, stereotyping and same-sex harassment. The program will also cover how the advent of texting and social media contribute to creating a hostile work environment, and claims based on off-site activities of employees. Developments related to an employer’s affirmative defense under the Farragher and Ellerth line of cases will also be covered. This program will provide you with a practical guide to case law and related developments in the last two years related to sexual harassment.
- Review of major case law developments impacting sex harassment litigation
- Stereotyping, same-sex harassment, and pregnancy-based harassment
- Off-site harassment, texting, emailing and social media contributing to a hostile work environment
- Supervisor harassment – who is a supervisor and was tangible employment action taken?
- Employer liability for co-worker and third-party harassment
- Developments related to the the Farragher and Ellerth affirmative defense
Ernie Haffner, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – Washington, D.C.
Andrew S. Rosenman, Mayer Brown, LLP – Chicago
Once registered you will receive from the MSBA an email containing the toll-free telephone number to call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive a pdf containing the materials for the program to print. This email will be sent to you the day before the program date.