Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
Small commercial space leases for offices, retail locations, warehouses are unlike big leases. Tenants are much more sensitive to the cost or reviewing or drafting, and negotiating lengthy leases. The panoply of tenant use restrictions in lengthier leases tend to suffocate the ability of smaller tenants to operate their businesses. Landlord rights and remedies in “short “form” leases tend to leave tenants with little flexibility and few remedies against landlords. At the same time, landlords fear the instability and costs associated with small tenants. This makes focusing on the economic essentials important to landlords and the operating essentials important to tenants in small leases very important. This program will provide you a real world guide to drafting or reviewing a small commercial lease, including economics, use restrictions, subleasing, and remedies.
- Issues in reviewing and drafting for small commercial space leases
- Red flags in “short form” leases for small tenants
- Ensuring “use” restrictions allow tenant to operate its business
- Common area maintenance, taxes, insurance, fees and penalties
- Scope of landlord services to tenant and landlord remedies
- Exit issues “go dark” provisions, subletting, tail liability
Mark A. Senn, of Senn Visciano Canges P.C Denver
Once registered you will receive from the MSBA an email containing the toll-free telephone number to call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive a pdf containing the materials for the program to print. This email will be sent to you the day before the program date.