Anyone who registers for this live program or the live webcast to be presented on
March 21, 2014 will receive a complimentary copy of the DVD and program materials from the CLE Affordable Care Act seminar that was presented on February 26, 2014.
The March 21, 2014 CLE seminar will provide solo practitioners, partnerships, small firms, partnerships, small firms and human resource administrators with information addressing individual mandates, deadlines, and penalties; eligibility criteria and advanced premium tax credits as well as essential health benefits; cost sharing reductions; and changes to health law and policy.
Topics will include:
- Individual and employer mandates, deadlines for enrollment, and penalties;
- Options for small employers;
- Treatment of sole proprietors and partnerships under the ACA;
- Eligibility criteria for advanced premium tax credits (individual), and small group tax credits;
- Essential health benefits; cost sharing reductions; Summary Plan Descriptions;
- Coverage gaps; hardship waivers; appeal right; and
- Changes to health law and policies.
Who should attend:
- Lawyers in solo practice, in partnerships, or in small firms
- Family lawyers dealing with health insurance coverage for clients
- Employment lawyers serving clients who lost employment based coverage
- Lawyers who advise individuals or small businesses about health insurance
- New lawyers or lawyers in new practices