Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
The flexibility of LLCs and partnerships allows for a wide range of incentive compensation structures. The choice is not merely between equity and straight cash payments. Rather, the entity can offer a blend of equity, profit participation interests and appreciation rights. Within each structure, there are variations, including timing, vesting and taxability. A new consideration is the application of the new 3.8% Medicare tax. This program will provide you with a practical guide to forms of incentive compensation for LLCs and partnerships, the tax and non-tax consequences and tradeoffs of each, application of the new 3.8% Medicare tax and common traps.
- Incentive compensation in LLCs/partnerships ownership stakes v. profit participation interests v. appreciation rights
- Compensation plans for LLC members/partners v. employees
- Restricted interests and types of vesting schedules
- Employment tax considerations, including the new 3.8% Medicare Tax
- Traps of exchanging ownership interests for services
Leon Andrew Immerman, Alston & Bird, LLP Atlanta
Once registered you will receive from the MSBA a confirmation email containing a toll-free telephone number to call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive a pdf containing the materials for the program to print.