MSBA Seeks CLE Coordinator
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
The Maine State Bar Association seeks a CLE Coordinator who will serve as the registrar and administrative assistant for the Continuing Legal Education department of the Association.
Reports to: CLE Director
Specific Duties: The primary duties of the CLE Coordinator are to answer the main CLE telephone line, respond to inquiries from members/non-members, register members/non-members for programming, and report credits to appropriate agencies. Additional duties include:
- Database entry, to include CLE registrations, evaluation forms, and other duties processed in the database.
- Prepare and mail CLE brochures and bulk mailings.
- Coordinate with outside venues for CLE programs and events, and staff those programs and events.
- Compile material produced for faculty folders from the Communications Coordinator.
- Maintain files, process CLE product orders, and prepare evaluation forms.
- Process/organize financial information (credit cards, product orders, checks, refunds, etc.) for all CLE programs and events.
- Oversee education credit processing and submit credits to the Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar and other organizations as necessary.
- Pick up and/or drop off mail at the Augusta Post Office.
- Assist the Director in coordination of CLE programs, including registration and materials preparation, packing and loading of CLE materials, and set-up and clean-up of rooms.
- Assist the Director in training as needed.
- Statewide travel is required. Must maintain valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Serve as back-up to Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, including but not limited to meeting guests in lobby, answering phone calls and general office equipment maintenance.
- Any other duties assigned by the CLE Director and/or Deputy Executive Director.
Education/Experience: Associate's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- High level of multi-tasking ability
- Ability to prioritize
- Database entry
- High level of good judgment
- Flexibility in time, attitude, outlook and dealing with volunteers
- Customer and member service motivation
- High level of diplomacy and sensitivity when dealing with aggressive members and public
- Ability to lift 25 lbs required
- Ability to cope under stressful conditions
- Ability to boil down information to communicate essentials quickly and effectively
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Appreciation for value of lawyers and legal system
- Team player and positive attitude