|Casemaker is a comprehensive online legal research library exclusively for
MSBA members. Easy to use and fully searchable, Casemaker is available
around the clock at the MSBA web site, providing unlimited access and timely
updates - and no monthly, hourly or transactional charges. Don't be left
behind. Only MSBA members have access to this outstanding benefit!
- Local dial-tone and long-distance telephone service at remarkably low rates.
Let MSBA's Total Telecommunications save you money - in the office and at
- All MSBA members are eligible to participate in the ABA Retirement
Funds, whether or not you are a member of ABA. The ABA Members Retirement
Program offers a full-service package that includes plan administration,
investment flexibility and independent online investment advice - at a
significantly lower administrative cost than you may be paying now!
- Group health, disability and dental insurance. The MSBA Insurance Programs
offer flexibility and highly competitive rates - negotiated on your behalf
by committed MSBA volunteer members. Take advantage of the Association's
- Long-term Health Insurance. Long-term care costs have been on the rise and thousands of Americans spend their life savings paying for long-term care each year. You can make sure it doesn’t happen to you. As a member of MSBA, you qualify for discounts. The MSBA now also has a Long-Term Care Partnership Program, which helps to protect your assets dollar-for-dollar with a qualified policy. Get quality consultation and advice from our Certified Long-Term Care Specialists and learn how to protect your retirement savings with a Maine Partnership Long-Term Care insurance plan!
- Office products, merchant processing, credit cards, car rentals and more!
|The Maine State Bar Association is the state's largest producer of quality
CLE courses and materials. Members can attend any MSBA/CLE sponsored
program at special membership rates, plus have access to the CLE Membership
Club-a members-only plan that provides significant additional savings off
your professional training costs. Live seminars, video and satellite
programs, textbooks, and audio packages help practitioners put the latest
information and procedures immediately into practice. As a member, you will
receive regular notification of all MSBA/CLE activities and events. Call
622-7554 or (877) 622-7554 for updated calendar and registration
- Through e-mail updates, legislative alerts, the Supplement and the
quarterly Maine Bar Journal, the Association informs and reports on current
issues affecting the profession and the practice of law, as well as on
substantive legal issues.
- At the State House and beyond, the Association's lobbying team works to
protect your interests, enhance the profession and improve the justice
- As a member of the MSBA, you have access to 24 substantive practice
sections. Stay abreast of legislative developments, opinions, insights and
practice tips in an area of law of interest to you. Section meetings,
activities, reports and electronic communications allow you to benefit from
your colleagues' knowledge and expertise. Opportunities for involvement and
leadership help to enhance your own professional profile and skills.
- Standing and special committees conduct much of the work of the Association
and play an active role in shaping Association policy on critical issues.
If you have an interest in helping the MSBA work harder for its members,
please contact the MSBA Executive Director or the current MSBA President.
- Peer assistance on matters of substantive law and consultation on practice
management through the MSBA's Silent Partners program.
- The Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service refers thousands of
clients each year to participating attorneys. An excellent resource for
increasing your client base.