CLE Credits: 1.0
Target Practice Areas: Real Estate Law
Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
Real estate development agreements are not one agreement, but a series of complexly interrelated contacts – acquisition agreements for the underlying land or property to be developed; sprawling agreements with municipal authorities to obtain regulatory approval; and construction agreements with contractors. Ultimately, execution of carefully laid development plans and realization of the financial benefits of the development depend on thoughtfully planned and carefully drafted agreements. This program will provide you with a guide to planning the process of generating and reviewing the several underlying contracts that form real estate development agreements.
Day I: February 21, 2017:
- Real estate development process and agreements
- Steps in the process, anticipating delays, and financial tradeoffs
- Acquisition of land or other property
- Finance and option letter issues related to development agreements
Day II: February 22, 2017:
- Municipal and land use considerations in the development process and agreements
- Framework most highly negotiated provisions in contractor agreements
- Developer covenants, scheduling issues, allocation of risk
- Leasing or sale of developed property
John Miller, John R. Miller, PLLC – Charlotte, North Carolina
John S. Hollyfield, Norton Rose Fulbright, LLP – Houston
Richard R. Goldberg, Ballard Spahr, LLP – Philadelphia
Please Note: You will receive an email 1-2 days before the program with the toll-free telephone number that you will call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive the program materials that you can print or save to your desktop.