Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
Foreclosing fixtures and other property under UCC Article 9 can be a time consuming, complicated, contentious and expensive process. Creditors can lose substantial value during the process with debtors fighting the foreclosure and either senior or junior creditors slowing or compromising the process. This highlights the need for effective planning and drafting during the lien process in anticipation of the foreclosure and sale of property. Effective imposition of liens and planning the foreclosure process can save a creditor’s claim and preserve value. This program will provide you with a practical guide to effective imposition of liens, increasing their enforceability, drafting in anticipation of default and foreclosure, and cost saving techniques for foreclosures and sales.
- Best practices for imposing liens on fixtures and other personal property under UCC Article 9
- Drafting tips to aid enforceability and contain foreclosure costs
- Legal and practical framework for foreclosing fixtures, equipment, inventory and other personal property
- Essential elements of foreclosure process, including notice and seizure
- Online sales and retention of collateral to satisfy debt
- Rights of junior v. senior creditors and rights of debtor to redeem
Steven O. Weise, Proskauer Rose, LLP Los Angeles
Once registered you will receive from the MSBA an email containing the toll-free telephone number to call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive a pdf containing the materials for the program to print. This email will be sent to you the day before the program date.
Please download the brochure for more information.