This webcast will provide solo practitioners, partnerships, small firms and human resource administrators with information addressing individual mandates, deadlines, and penalties; eligibility criteria and advanced premium tax credits as well as essential health benefits; cost sharing reductions; and changes to health law and policy.
Topics will include:
- Individual and employer mandates, deadlines for enrollment, and penalties;
- Options for small employers;
- Treatment of sole proprietors and partnerships under the ACA;
- Eligibility criteria for advanced premium tax credits (individual), and small group tax credits;
- Essential health benefits; cost sharing reductions; Summary Plan Descriptions;
- Coverage gaps; hardship waivers; appeal right; and
- Changes to health law and policies.
Who should attend:
- Lawyers in solo practice, in partnerships, or in small firms
- Family lawyers dealing with health insurance coverage for clients
- Employment lawyers serving clients who lost employment based coverage
- Lawyers who advise individuals or small businesses about health insurance
- New lawyers or lawyers in new practices