Walk-ins welcome. Please join us. This program will provide solo practitioners, partnerships, and small firms with information about their health insurance options, including eligibility, tax credits, benefits, cost-sharing, and coverage under the Affordable Care Act. It will also inform practitioners about individual health insurance options for their clients on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Topics will include:
- Navigating the marketplace;
- Summary of benefits and coverage documents;
- The coverage gap;
- The family glitch;
- Hardship waivers and exemptions;
- Appeal rights; and
- Resources and where to get help.
Who should attend:
- Lawyers in solo practice, partnerships, or small firms
- Family lawyers dealing with health insurance coverage for clients
- Employment lawyers serving clients who lost employment-based coverage
- Lawyers who advise individuals or small businesses about health insurance
- New lawyers or lawyers in new practices