Brought to you in partnership with WebCredenza
These telephone seminars are presented by national speakers who are experts in their areas of practice often ABA Section chairs, authors of books in their areas of practice, and heads of practice groups.
Implementation on the new health care law, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is well underway in 2014 and will have a major impact on the benefits companies offer their employees. There is a myth that the new law only effects large employers. In fact, it impacts employers of every size, imposing new costs and compliance obligations, and impacting the benefits smaller and mid-tier companies currently offer their employees. Failure to understand the next stage of implementation in 2014 potentially opens businesses to unforeseen financial liability. This program will provide you with a practical guide to the major requirements of the new health care law, recent changes to the rules, how they will impact employers in 2014 and how companies should prepare for the next stage of implementation.
- Affordable Care Act: Framework of healthcare reform law’s impact on companies of every size
- What should employers be doing in 2014, including practical checklists
- Issues for HRAs, MERPs, and FSAs, and need to terminate or modify some plans by 2014
- Recent changes in the rules impacting businesses
- Changes to “cafeteria plans”
- Preparing for new IRS compliance obligations
Alson R. Martin, Lathrop and Gage, LLP Overland Park, Kansas
Once registered you will receive from the MSBA a confirmation email containing a toll-free telephone number to call on the day of the seminar. You will also receive a pdf containing the materials for the program to print.